Parish campaign

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should parish only be played 1-4

1 yes this finale is dumb
 
2 No keep it
 
 
 
View results

Parish campaign

Post by mkj13 on July 18th 2012, 5:16 pm

Alot of players don't like this finale and since pc doesn't play the finale anymore, i wanted to hear what you guys think about it!

Rochelle

mkj13
Admin

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-06-14
Location : Jersey Beach

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by JibJabJessie on July 18th 2012, 6:01 pm

I feel like there's too much luck involved with the finale. I don't think a win should be determined by instakills.
avatar
JibJabJessie
Uncommon Common

Posts : 60
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 27
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by for_twin_te4 on July 18th 2012, 6:13 pm

I disagree, the finale is a huge come back factor, if you carful and do it right, you should be able to get past the bridge, if you are not well then you are gonna get killed. I dont think this finale should be taken out, its the chance for the comeback. Both teams have equal oppurtunity at the holes with chargers and jockys, its all about the exicution
avatar
for_twin_te4
n00b

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by JibJabJessie on July 18th 2012, 6:41 pm

Well, I agree it is a huge comeback factor. Problem is: Does the other team really deserve that win from instakills? Yes, both have their equal opportunities but I think the finale's luck is more complicated than meets the eye. I doubt the PC community threw this out for no good reason. My speculated reason is the luck.
avatar
JibJabJessie
Uncommon Common

Posts : 60
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 27
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins2 on July 18th 2012, 6:58 pm

I agree that parish 5 is retarded, this is just a possibility but what if for parish 5 we choose a different level to substitute the finale? Idk just an idea.
avatar
Foxtwins2
n00b

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by for_twin_te4 on July 18th 2012, 6:58 pm

I think it came down to people not wanting to get come back on. maybe the good way to solve this is both teams agree wether or not to play it. I have had it go both ways at the hole. But in my opinion there is no luck to an instant kill if your team can set up good enough to kill them at the hole, then the other team simply just has to set up to do the same or they run the risk of losing. there is no certain area where you cant get killed thats not there for the other team. I guess what I'm saying is no team will have an advantage over other team in any way. I do however think that glitch spot on bridge should not be aloud to be used.
avatar
for_twin_te4
n00b

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by QudriplegicChik on July 19th 2012, 12:13 am

Well I can see where Jessie is coming from. It is a bit discouraging knowing that the parish finale pretty much comes down to two attacks at the two holes before you get to the tank and by that time the team would have made like what...400 points? It just doesnt seem very competitive. Then again perhaps it wouldnt be so discouraging if we didnt have as much lag. Compared to other finales this particular finale is a little bit of a bummer on a competitive players view. I have seen teams play close games and a team stay positive through every stage but lose at the finale because they messed up on the two attacks at the holes. I would think that to be a bit discouraging after doing better every stage than messing up on those two attacks and lose the entire game because of how the finale is set up.

QudriplegicChik
n00b

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Guest on July 19th 2012, 2:42 am

JibJabJessie wrote:Well, I agree it is a huge comeback factor. Problem is: Does the other team really deserve that win from instakills? Yes, both have their equal opportunities but I think the finale's luck is more complicated than meets the eye. I doubt the PC community threw this out for no good reason. My speculated reason is the luck.


I disagreed with taking it out until what she just said. Two attacks basically decide this finale.. Let's say the charger on one team his super lag or retrying connection and the other team's doesn't. That one instant decides the game from LUCK.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by SicKxLiquiD on July 19th 2012, 3:24 am

I always make a joke about how it doesn't matter what the score is at the end of Parish 4. I have won many games being down 500-700 points going into that finale.

SicKxLiquiD
Common Infected

Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by for_twin_te4 on July 19th 2012, 8:24 am

Lag issues I believe are another story besides the game. If you know how not to get killed at the hole then your not gonna get killed. If you are not smart and cautious about it then you will get instant killed thats the beauty of the parish campaign, your not always gonna make the comeback if you dont attack right. You wanna talk about a shitty finale lets talk about dark carnival. You have to corner camp, and there is only one predictable spawn and its right behind the spot you stand. so basically its all about that first tank. and if that dies and you can get everything started then all you have to do is camp corner and you are gonna a bunch of points because you have your back against that wall. Just like this finale the one who gets the tank, is just like the one who gets charger on the bridge. You have to make it count or your gonna get come back on. So think if your gonna remove the bridge then we should remove the concert too. IN MY OPINION, its just as much luck based. the luck being who gets what infected
avatar
for_twin_te4
n00b

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by for_twin_te4 on July 19th 2012, 8:26 am

good infected will kill you at the bridge, good survivors will not get killed at the bridge. the level is no different for the first team then it is the second. The holes no smaller for any team, and you have an equal oppurtunity to get past them. its about the communication. both survivor and infected. some times you gonna slip up and get killed at hole but thats no due to any kind of unfairness or luck. its more about whos the better smoker, charger and jocky. if you get wiped at the hole, then you better make sure your infected do the same thing.
avatar
for_twin_te4
n00b

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Davidian Hammer on July 19th 2012, 9:02 am

If only problem is instakills then set rules for no instakills on Bridge. Which I think is dumb seeming it is a part of the game, not necessarily luck, but to ban Bridge altogether is much dumber.

Davidian Hammer
n00b

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 19th 2012, 10:06 am

Parish 5 is joke map.

Remove it unless both teams agree for some weird illogical reason that I disagree with.

Part of me would like to say "Gee guys this'll give us an excuse to play Parish!" But that would be foolish. We're still going to roll 45 lobbies of Dark Carnival a night even after the DLC.

But to address the concept behind the map being a comback map. That's not how comebacks are supposed to work in competitive games.

In order to make a comeback in a balanced competition, you should have to dominate the opponent team for a similar amount of time/kill/points that you were previously dominated by. Being down 400 points because you died early twice, and getting repaid by 1 skilled/lucky charge, is not balanced at all. It's loooooooooooooool.

A balanced example of a comeback is. Going into Dark Carnival 5 down 400. Wiping with your first tank because of solid support + a little luck, then killing X amount of tanks blahblahblah. You get the point.

avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by for_twin_te4 on July 19th 2012, 12:57 pm

QudriplegicChik wrote:Well I can see where Jessie is coming from. It is a bit discouraging knowing that the parish finale pretty much comes down to two attacks at the two holes before you get to the tank and by that time the team would have made like what...400 points? It just doesnt seem very competitive. Then again perhaps it wouldnt be so discouraging if we didnt have as much lag. Compared to other finales this particular finale is a little bit of a bummer on a competitive players view. I have seen teams play close games and a team stay positive through every stage but lose at the finale because they messed up on the two attacks at the holes. I would think that to be a bit discouraging after doing better every stage than messing up on those two attacks and lose the entire game because of how the finale is set up.
Key words being messed up the attacks. if you been dominating the whole game, then you should dominate the finale too. if not then you let a win slip by. I have comeback on the bridge, I have been comeback on, and sometimes both teams just die at the hole. its the beauty of the parish finale and I think the campaign was made that way for a reason. to at least give the losing team an edge and a chance, and the winning team a reason to keep on their game or they are gonna lose. Why are we gonna take out one of the most challanging levels on the game, we are suppose to be playing competitivly.
avatar
for_twin_te4
n00b

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by kdawg416 on July 19th 2012, 3:42 pm

I don't really give a fuck but the finale can be intense which is why I would agree to keep it. If you wanna win don't get IK. Make a plan beforehand and a backup plan and run the plan without hesitation. All I know is when that bridge comes down I got my nikes on and I'm out n@gga I'm at the chopper already. Instant kill??? What instant kill, I'm gone!
avatar
kdawg416
n00b

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-07-13
Location : at war

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by for_twin_te4 on July 19th 2012, 4:48 pm

hey itz kdawg wrote:I don't really give a fuck but the finale can be intense which is why I would agree to keep it. If you wanna win don't get IK. Make a plan beforehand and a backup plan and run the plan without hesitation. All I know is when that bridge comes down I got my nikes on and I'm out n@gga I'm at the chopper already. Instant kill??? What instant kill, I'm gone!
ageed 100%
avatar
for_twin_te4
n00b

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Rain on July 19th 2012, 5:19 pm

There are mixed opinions here so just decide before the match if the finale will be played or not. Removing the last board will just upset around half the teams.

Since we can play a team at max twice and if you're matched up against a team that doesn't want the finale board then maybe decide to play one game without the finale board and one game with it to please both teams and make it fair.

Rain
n00b

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by dave14810 on July 19th 2012, 6:24 pm

"Health items - Survivors are aloud to take all health on every map ( i'll put a poll on this matter ) since the health spawns are changed from 6-3 to 3-1/2-1 we will try and play the game the way it is! less rules the better, ( If the teams want to play starters only both team must agree. but, rules are all health is allowed"

This is the possible health rule for the league and I would advise people vote yes on it when the poll goes up(I personally would rather let people pick up extra health when they kill the tank but aw well). If you don't and agree not to play the Parish finale I'd say 60-70% of games will come down to who either death races or pushing the tank further on the 1st map.

dave14810
Uncommon Common

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-07-13
Location : Seattle

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by SicKxLiquiD on July 19th 2012, 7:55 pm

Eww. Where does it say we take all health? Anyway, this Parish rule shouldn't matter too much cause everyone should be playing the "new" maps.


SicKxLiquiD
Common Infected

Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Killa Tofuuu on July 19th 2012, 8:09 pm

I don't really care how this turns out, but I just want to say that if you outplay the other team throughout the whole game, then lose on the finale over something lucky or a tiny mistake at the first hole, that is fucking gay.

Killa Tofuuu
n00b

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Patriots8781 on July 19th 2012, 8:35 pm

This is going from L4D to 1st grade coloring BUT ONLY IN THE LINES. if you cant keep your self from getting instakilled than that is your fault no one elses. Ive survived to the tank with alll 4 survivors before and i will do it again so the fact that this is even a post just really pisses me off. Can we play this game with GUIDELINES not 5000000000000000000000000000000000 RULES. Seriously man. I feel like if i walk to the left of a car my team will lose because we didnt go to the right or didnt go over the car. I get most of the rules but some of them are so fucking retarded it makes me wanna sell the game and i know im not the only one who feels this way

Patriots8781
n00b

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 19th 2012, 8:45 pm

Yea what's next. You guys wanna make a rule on survivors not being able to move forward when infected are up. "Oh guys wait a minute, it's been about 20 seconds, let's not step forward, let's wait for the infected.... they aren't ready yet!!!" ROFL JUST KIDDING...
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xXEstrangedSoulXx on July 19th 2012, 11:04 pm

for_twin_te4 wrote:
QudriplegicChik wrote:Well I can see where Jessie is coming from. It is a bit discouraging knowing that the parish finale pretty much comes down to two attacks at the two holes before you get to the tank and by that time the team would have made like what...400 points? It just doesnt seem very competitive. Then again perhaps it wouldnt be so discouraging if we didnt have as much lag. Compared to other finales this particular finale is a little bit of a bummer on a competitive players view. I have seen teams play close games and a team stay positive through every stage but lose at the finale because they messed up on the two attacks at the holes. I would think that to be a bit discouraging after doing better every stage than messing up on those two attacks and lose the entire game because of how the finale is set up.
Key words being messed up the attacks. if you been dominating the whole game, then you should dominate the finale too. if not then you let a win slip by. I have comeback on the bridge, I have been comeback on, and sometimes both teams just die at the hole. its the beauty of the parish finale and I think the campaign was made that way for a reason. to at least give the losing team an edge and a chance, and the winning team a reason to keep on their game or they are gonna lose. Why are we gonna take out one of the most challanging levels on the game, we are suppose to be playing competitivly.

It's not about the challenge, it's about the skill it takes to win at that point. A less skilled team has a much better chance of doing major damage because the level benefits the infected. It would be fair if the finale was worth less points.

xXEstrangedSoulXx
n00b

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : Los Angeles

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 20th 2012, 12:30 am

patriots, do realise this is a simple poll, no reason to overreact. that being said, if ur so fed up with the rules of season 3, y dont u just go pub stomping? no rules there bud, you will fit in perfectly.
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 20th 2012, 12:34 am

@xXEstrangedSoulXx

by that logic the more skilled team should have a great chance of killing the lesser skilled team, and if they fail it's their fault. flukey stuff does happen, most of the time it doesn't. this map will probably not be played much when the dlc comes out anyways.
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum