Parish campaign

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should parish only be played 1-4

1 yes this finale is dumb
 
2 No keep it
 
 
 
View results

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 24th 2012, 9:47 pm

then stop mach its not like ur an admin ur comments are pointless yeah?
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 24th 2012, 9:59 pm

I'm just saying if you blow a big lead like that you deserve to lose, just like how the other team deserves to win. It's called choking and this isn't new. Believe what you want but some of you people act like the "infected" on the team that's suppose to win has immunity... oh it's okay, you guys are up by 600 going into the finale you deserve to win... oh don't even worry about finishing the game even if the other team comes back they don't deserve the W... we'll just say they got a lucky IK or a lucky attack off

That's exactly how ragers are born lol, get pissed about something going wrong that's a part of the game then rage at the other team in post game chat... Get over it and get on to the next game

If you don't wanna play the parish or the finale that's fine but don't bash it especially when so many "competitive games" have been played on it. I don't give a fuck about PC we aren't them. I don't care if they removed the finale from competitive play we don't even have HB or official tournys so who cares what they did. THIS IS XBOX DAMMIT GET REAL

THANKS
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 24th 2012, 10:26 pm

I never once said it was over for them, you're being foolish.

I've specifically offered other finales as an example.

All finales give you the option to come back. Without health bonus, most finales don't give you the option of making up more than around 7-800 points on a team. But it's done with ace tank play and support. Not with solo chargers.

On HR if you are down 600 and you wipe with your first tank and then people make it to the boat-ish. You win. On Carny you can be down nearly 900. Wipe with first tank. Make it to chopper. Win.

The team that's down isn't supposed to have an easy time pulling a win out of their ass. They're not supposed to be able to suddenly pull a huge turn back using only chargers and jockeys. This is one of the reasons for adding extra health.

No other finale allows a team to MAGICALLY come back after a double instant kill. No other finale even has instakills all over the damn place like this.

Nowhere. Not once. Have I even slightly implied that the second team should not be able to make a comeback. I'm asking for balance. Not just team to team. But map to map. Elevator spit is banned for a reason. And it's a similar reason the entire TP5 needs to be banned. The elevator spit is one massively over powered attack, but we can't control the OP attacks on TP5 because they're every five feet.

You guys are just like politicians. You use esoteric phrases to try and defend your opinions rather than logic. WE'RE NOT PC MACH.

I've already said a thousand times that none of these rules are set in place to mock PC. Rules are being borrowed from PC if they're accurate and make sense for our community.

But TP5 makes no sense no matter what community you play on. There's no -reason- to play the previous maps with TP5 in play. Unless you get up a good 6-700 which isn't going to happen with 4 pills on TP1, unless you get a really ace tank wipe, the game goes either way regardless of the hard work up to that point. So why bother trying on the first four maps. Team A. Top tier team. Death race Map 1-4. Keep scores within 300. Team B low tier team. Team A gets death charges, and then death races for victory.

GGNORE.

Top Team A. Tries pants off. Makes every map. Late tanks. Team B tries pants off. Dies at every late tank. Scores within 400. Team A gets stopped before tank. Team B now simply has to make it to the tank which is bunk and death race after his death to secure a win, DEPENDING on how much they're down by. Sometimes they won't even need to fight the tank.

So now the low tier team wins because they got 1 good charge after 4 fail maps. And the good team loses because they had 1 fail charge and 2 shit rotations due to death cycles.

Next plz?
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 24th 2012, 10:27 pm

Also while HB is still fresh in your mind, if you make it to map5 with HB and you're down by more than a full map + HB you're still guaranteed a loss. And Just like L4D1 it can come close to that and require teams to play a near perfect finale to make comebacks.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 24th 2012, 10:31 pm

mach ur like one of those homeless guys on the streets preaching about the end of the world. no one really listens to u but just looks at u like what? ._. anyhow ur again NOT an ADMIN. Smile
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins2 on July 24th 2012, 10:37 pm

I agree with Mach on parish 5
avatar
Foxtwins2
n00b

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Vorym on July 24th 2012, 11:07 pm

I would type out a response but anything I say will just be a repeat of what Mach has already stated numerous times.
I'd say to go read that but apparently his points fall on stupid ears. So I'm not going to bother.


tl;dr Mach is right and you're dumb.

Vorym
n00b

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-06
Location : Canadia

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by SicKxLiquiD on July 25th 2012, 7:17 am

How about everyone just forget about the old maps and play the new maps when they come out? Oh wait....

SicKxLiquiD
Common Infected

Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by L2Aim on July 25th 2012, 5:06 pm

SlidingPeak wrote:
Foxtwins7 wrote:mach ur like one of those homeless guys on the streets preaching about the end of the world. no one really listens to u but just looks at u like what? ._. anyhow ur again NOT an ADMIN. Smile



You write on the forums pretending to have a voice or a valid opinion on the matter but everyone who "matters" in this community discussed this matter privately and came to this conclusion together, this poll was to give the illusion of choice. You can shutup now, plzspeakonlywhenspoken2.

LMMMMMMMMMMMMFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
avatar
L2Aim
Common Infected

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 22
Location : Mehseaco

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 25th 2012, 7:25 pm

Harrison your response to my comment made no sense. Im not pretending to have a voice nor a valid opinion on this matter? Harrison you don't mean anything to anyone except maybe mach. You're legitmently stupid.


Last edited by Foxtwins7 on July 25th 2012, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cus i can :))
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by SlidingPeak on July 25th 2012, 8:35 pm

Foxtwins7 wrote:Harrison your response to my comment made no sense. Im not pretending to have a voice nor a valid opinion on this matter? Harrison you don't mean anything to anyone except maybe mach. You're legitmently stupid.



No, I'm saying your argument will get you nowhere.
So please stop bickering on about something you have no choice over.
Reading comprehension?
avatar
SlidingPeak
Common Infected

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 25th 2012, 8:48 pm

Not making an argument. Was simply stating Mach's thought on this isn't going to change anything. Not bickering about anything. Obviously you can't tell the difference. Whom has bad reading comprehension again? You're a dumbass. Btw Mk, cosby, my bro and I just held a secret meeting. Mk delcared it. Was pretty legit. Jelly?
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 25th 2012, 9:14 pm

Oh. The politics!

Et tu Brute?!?!

No really though. Rules for this community would be so much easier if everyone actually agreed. But they never do.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by SlidingPeak on July 25th 2012, 9:16 pm

Foxtwins7 wrote:Not making an argument. Was simply stating Mach's thought on this isn't going to change anything. Not bickering about anything. Obviously you can't tell the difference. Whom has bad reading comprehension again? You're a dumbass. Btw Mk, cosby, my bro and I just held a secret meeting. Mk delcared it. Was pretty legit. Jelly?


1.) Mach, who speaks to MK everyday, clearly said the polls are closed.
2.) Lmao Muphrys law.
3.) You post non-stop, yet you have yet to make 1 well informed, non-flame related post.
4.) See you season 29043810 bby Wink.
avatar
SlidingPeak
Common Infected

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 25th 2012, 10:39 pm

1.)Technically I was being facetious about closing the polls.
2.)This isn't a democracy, you're not voting rules into place.
3.)Since this isn't a democracy, your vote does technically count.
4.)It's just that, rulings won't be decided on simply because everyone votes for X. The point of these threads is to start a dialogue with the community and see what they want, from there compromises are sought to satiate both communal wants-and communal needs.
5.)I found these threads to be a great learning experience, I just wish more of you would post at least a few sentences on how you feel, rather than just voting. The dialogue is much more important than the voting.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 25th 2012, 11:22 pm

You continue to go off topic to what I said.
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 25th 2012, 11:51 pm

In reality, while Harrison was a bit less than... polite. He was seemingly trying to stay fairly on topic with his post.

You however filled an entire post with nothing more than an accusation that's not your place to make, and then a personal insult, then you tell someone to -stop talking- in a thread that I've just explained exists only to create a community dialogue.

Stop it. Keep the posts productive, on topic, and relatively polite. If you want to argue with or insult someone, please direct it at me, and leave the rest of the community out of it.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by SlidingPeak on July 26th 2012, 9:01 pm

Foxtwins7 wrote:Harrison aren't you like 18? And if anybody has his head shoved up his ass it's you. And you're right. I don't. Your attention is more of an annoying burden.


I am 18 , 19 in a few months , regardless my age has never come into question although you still act out like a 2 year old screaming because he can't get his way. Anyway im'a stop responding have fun F5'in bro.
avatar
SlidingPeak
Common Infected

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 26th 2012, 10:02 pm

You brought age into this. I'm not complaining about the rules though? Its not like i'm refusing to play so you saying that i'm acting like a 2year old when I simply stated why I liked starter pills over all health doesn't make sense. You're so stupid Harrison.
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by l_AZ_l on July 30th 2012, 11:29 pm

you people are just mad about getting clutched on. keep the finale. if your that scared of getting clutched on and losing the lead in the finale, then you shouldnt win in the first place. your just as likely to get stopped at the hole as the other team.

l_AZ_l
n00b

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : on the dougie shelf

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on August 1st 2012, 1:11 am

AZ did you read anything I said? Getting clutched on?

You're all just scared of having to try for more than three attacks in order to get a win.

Is what I could say if I was in this to incite an argument.

But you're joining a bandwagon of people missing the point of the problem with this finale.

The finale determines skill based on 3 attacks. And there is a glitch spot at the first hole that is becoming everyone's new favorite plan.

You're missing the entire difference between this finale, and every other finale.

I am not "afraid of getting clutched on" or I wouldn't be in favor of all pills. I'm not -afraid- of anything about L4D2. I just think the bridge is a bad basis to judge a team's skill off of. And 90% of Parish games come down to who plays the finale the best.

So if you -want- the finale, why not -just- play the finale AZ? In reality you know the measly 100-500 lead pulled in an average game is nothing as long as one team can juke attacks, so why not JUST play Parish on the bridge? It's not because you're "afraid of getting clutched on" it's because playing one map is boring.

But playing four maps, just to get to a finale map which is the only map that matters in the pool of maps, is equally boring. Two equally skilled teams are going to end about even at the finale either way. Meaning the only map that determines most Parish wins is the finale.

Granted with all pills it's much more plausible to actually pull a blowout win b4 finale.

But coming in here saying people are afraid of getting clutched on because they'd rather see a broken finale removed, is childish.

All you want is super elite out of nowhere clutches. OMG THAT TEAM WAS SUPPOSED TO LOSE AND JUST WON THE GAME OFF OF ONE CHARGER!

That is not a determining factor of skill. Charger's are not lag compensated. To get a charge you have to account for your own ping as well as the target's ping. It can be done, but it's dodgey no matter how you look at it. You can't assure someone's ping stays steady. There's no way to ASSURE a death charge. You can be -good- at it. But luck still plays into it no matter how you look at it. A skilled survivor can avoid all death charge spots, and get 4 frame lag in front of a death spot.

Why should a team's skill be determined because of a situation like that? Sure they have the same opportunity to death charge, but there's no assuring 4 frame lag, or even bandwidth lag. So there's no way to assure both teams have the same set of circumstances for the death spots.

Personally I think wanting to keep the finale, is more of a fear of "feeling down and out" of a game. As of now you know going into TP5 that one nice charge(or laggy survivor Wink) and the game could be in the bag even down 500. No nice tank +support play required. Just death charge GGNORE.

Whereas you're just being down on yourselves. A nice tank, and some nice support, is all you ever need to wipe any team. Even down similar amounts of points, comebacks and clutches are possible on every other map.

You just have to try for more than a silly death charge/jockey. You have to get a tank wipe/3 secure. Something big.

How many people really think the game should be about who can get the most elite death charge while survivor A is lagging? Or who can pull off the most professional deadstop on that jockey going for the deathjock. It would make sense if all the other maps worked that way, but they don't.

So optimal fix is drop TP5

But I'm sure that was tl;dr so whatever.

Long story short, since everyone seems so upset about TP5, maybe MK will just ban the glitch spots if we ever even start the league.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by mkj13 on August 1st 2012, 8:14 pm

Well put mach

mkj13
Admin

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-06-14
Location : Jersey Beach

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Unreal v6 on August 3rd 2012, 6:40 am

Foxtwins is a baby

Unreal v6
n00b

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by L2Aim on August 3rd 2012, 5:55 pm

Unreal v6 wrote:Foxtwins has a baby dick.

What wouldn't you do for a baby dick, or a dick in general.
avatar
L2Aim
Common Infected

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-07-11
Age : 22
Location : Mehseaco

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum