Left 4 Dead Safe Room Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Molotov's ???

+16
Mount Murder
xSilver
Knighticu5
KGthaGod
Patriots8781
xXEstrangedSoulXx
Killa Tofuuu
dave14810
xShAmE oN YoUx
kdawg416
Machiavellus
for_twin_te4
SicKxLiquiD
Foxtwins7
JibJabJessie
mkj13
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should we remove molotovs

Molotov's ??? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%Molotov's ??? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 13 ]
Molotov's ??? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap72%Molotov's ??? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 72% 
[ 33 ]

Total Votes : 46

Molotov's ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Molotov's ???

Post by Patriots8781 July 20th 2012, 8:50 pm

i think we should make ways to have the game be more fun but taking away everything and then adding 15 million rules on top of it doesnt do anything but make every thing annoying

Patriots8781
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Machiavellus July 20th 2012, 11:39 pm

Yes all extra rules that aren't directly addressed by confogl need to be removed for this season.

If you kids can somehow prove to me that with vanilla pubfogl you're just shitting on every tank and t-bag b-hopping your way to the saferooms, I'd consider arguing starter pills only.

But that is -never- going to happen. So please QQ and play the mode the way prodigy designed until you're all actually making saferooms like PC kids were when they decided to remove mollies. Tier 2's. Limit HR's. Remove spitters. Remove gas cans.

Then once Prodigy sees how elite PC pro you are by making all those saferooms. He'll update the mutation and remove the health for you because you were all clearly right all along. Even though KG and Kdawg have been playing L4D literally forever. And they agree. But let's ignore them. They know nothing.
Machiavellus
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx July 21st 2012, 3:06 am

ROFL keep everything!!!! I'm going to race to the molly in FO's and 4v4's, pick it up and then throw it at one infected just to be a dick. I can't remember if Prodigy is going to increase the number of throwables or not with the new confogol.

All these rules are giving me a headache, i just wanna run around and shoot zombies.... flnvirvoarigdkmalr
xShAmE oN YoUx
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by xSilver July 21st 2012, 3:48 am

Tbh i hate mollies take them out. My team was the one who pretty much got rid of it on l4d1 so lets just take them out for good. The better team will be able to kill a tank with their guns, not just light it on fire and keep your distance from it. 90% of people do that as well. Its just dumb to me.

xSilver
n00b

https://www.youtube.com/xsllv3r

Back to top Go down

Post by xSilver July 21st 2012, 3:49 am

oh and if we had HB this wouldnt matter at all Smile

xSilver
n00b

https://www.youtube.com/xsllv3r

Back to top Go down

Post by mkj13 July 21st 2012, 4:57 am

hb would be nice

mkj13
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JibJabJessie October 8th 2012, 4:35 pm

Necromancing this thread.

Only from what people have told me and what I have seen myself, I wonder why the molly was removed. It states in the rules because of the inconsistent spawning locations for each team on the L4D1 maps that it's been removed. I've only heard this problem happen when the maps were first released. Only 2 accounts. Now that they've been out for a little bit, I have not heard this problem. Now it's possible it's because no one is really paying attention to mollies since some teams do not use them. Maybe those first 2 accounts were just the show of the maps' glitchy release. I don't know.

I would like to question bringing back mollies into the game. Based on this poll, it appears more favor them.
JibJabJessie
JibJabJessie
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Mount Murder October 13th 2012, 4:53 am

Molly spawns same spot for both teams... SPO & THROWABLES... fuck the bullshit

Mount Murder
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by mkj13 October 13th 2012, 10:06 pm

molly is a CHEAP way to kill a tank.

Example light it and run back

wheres the skill in that???????????????

mkj13
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mount Murder October 16th 2012, 5:39 am

The skill lies in not getting lit... I think the molly makes tank fights better... on fire or not im hammerin that ass point blank...

No molly is better for all health, but i think that is CHEAP. tank fights dont really matter when teams get carried by pills. SPO calls for tighter survivor play IMO, some teams are unstoppable with all health. But teams can just decide before the game so its all good. if nothing else, we can just agree to agree Smile

Mount Murder
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Knighticu5 October 16th 2012, 6:04 am

the next debate is gonna be on whether or not to dance tanks cuz it's embarrassing for the tank and we wouldn't want to lower anyones self esteem now would we? I'll set up the thread.

Knighticu5
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by JibJabJessie October 16th 2012, 1:45 pm

Well SPO is a separate issue. For example, it doesn't seem quite fair to me that one team gets a good attack in the beginning which causes the other team to walk slowly the whole time, or pop early without extra health. Sometimes that's luck. Plus, I don't see many of us making it to saferooms, unless one team is undeniably better than the other. I actually feel carried by SPO at times bc we have no health to fight the tank. So, we die at the crescendo & late tanks = deathrace. But, that's besides the point....

I think us xbox kids probably need all the throwables available to us. We are handicapped by using our thumbs to aim and the terrible lerp our default is set to. I do think there is skill in dodging a molly, in using a molly, etc. Don't commit your tank unless you're serious about ending the team or can dodge. I do see the cheapness in lighting a tank that's stuck in pretty much a narrow corridor when it spawns. I wish everyone would play rush in tanks more so than control tanks. The molly would help put pressure on the tank from just chucking rocks. Anyways, I don't think it's as cheap as you think it is, at least not for us. Until we start making every damn saferoom should we make a change in the rules. I think removing the molly is premature for us, tbh.
JibJabJessie
JibJabJessie
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 16th 2012, 8:56 pm

So a good attack that takes away most of a team's solid health is more of luck than a hail mary molotov? Interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by JibJabJessie October 16th 2012, 9:02 pm

How often does a hail mary molotov really happen, honestly?

Sometimes a good attack causes a guy or two to walk slowly. On PC, we pop and go, find another set of pills for that one good attack. You really think they should be punished that whole map for that one attack?
JibJabJessie
JibJabJessie
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Mount Murder October 16th 2012, 11:29 pm

Yes. If you get raped on an attack thats your fault... Tired of seeing shitty survivor play get balanced by extra pills... and SHOTS??? lmfao. We make saferooms with SPO, can't vouch for other teams but Hundo's Heroes will make every saferoom with all health.

MOLLY is irrelevant. SPO is more competitive. Makes tank fights more important, and ends teams when they pull a hitman. Fail a witch and there goes your set, Sorry. Both teams 4 sets, helps new players learn to keep their coupons at home... and as far as running on tanks is concerned, only black people run on tanks.

Mount Murder
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Knighticu5 October 17th 2012, 4:33 am

did she really just suggest that a team gets punished for taking damage and not having extra pills?? the point of the game is to not get raped and to get points. SPO gives both teams and equal chance at making the map. some of us don't have time to nerd out and memorize every pill spawn. the better teams won't need the extra pills. idk why this has to be so complicated

Knighticu5
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by dave14810 October 17th 2012, 11:14 pm

During the days of vanilla there was an evolution of how people played the game, survivors were viewed as too overpowered so they began no starter kits, then no kits/defibs etc etc. They did what they thought would make the game more balanced from both a survivor/infected view as well as making it so if you play better than the other team you won the game.

When confogl came out SPO and 3 throwables became the norm because there was too much temp health in levels and it helped limit and control health as well as making most tanks killable with a molly. However unlike before in vanilla times when people made adjustments for overpowered survivors, too many people were and are not willing to adapt the way we play when infected became overpowered.

Alot of maps it only takes mediocre infected play to kill a decent survivor team using SPO, if the game was balanced and competitive, the survivors should make the saferoom if they play well and the infected play poorly/average. Bad survivor play should be punished and good infected play rewarded, don't get me wrong, but even with all health they will die at tanks or just after. Teams still need to scavenge items which takes time. All health is only beneficial if survivors play well to get to it and infected didn't hit well enough.

The tank fight is the essential part of every level and in a balanced game, survivors dictate where the fight happens but the tank should dictate when he/she commits. Mollies make it unbalanced since the tank is restricted on rock throws as well as if he/she wants to "get out" if lit. Most mollies are used when the tank is forced to come in so no one should miss a molly throw, dodging a molly isn't a skill, dodging a molly is a poor molly throw plain and simple.

Some of the main benefits of all health is that it rewards fighting tanks which should decrease deathracing (every race of people does it, no pun intended) and finishing certain levels and finales will be at least possible (I watched a stream the other day and a well-established team quit before they did their DC finale after ending the other team because they were 423 pts behind).

dave14810
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Mount Murder October 18th 2012, 1:46 am

if you can't clear an infected hit you can go play versus mode. no solid survivor team needs more than 4 sets of pills regardless of molly or where the tank fight is. game is no longer on jjj stream so I can't post a link but we had 2 people bleeding out after a motel tank and went damn near back to saferoom to pick up 2 sets of pills and then made saferoom, probably would've wiped at the hill otherwise. not just the shitty teams get carried by extra health. SPO and a lucky infected hit are some teams only chance at winning. to me making every saferoom gets boring sometimes, all you weak survivors give yourself a chance. play SPO

WE ARE THE BEST Smile
Hundo's House: Where Tryhard Comes Naturally

Mount Murder
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend October 18th 2012, 4:38 am

Im pretty sure the last time you played us you didnt make all the saferooms and had all health. You lost by over 700 cause you couldnt even kill the carnival 4 instant tank with no mollie and two extra sets of pills in the beginning, then you proceeded to dodge us the rest of the season cause we played by the rules mk set and you didnt wanna lose again

Legend
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Mount Murder October 18th 2012, 5:27 am

yeah but yall were making it further than you should have thanks to pills. I no dodge, We never played harrison. I never said we won the season. I got lost in BL2. Rob will make saferooms too with all health. But you are also capable of doing it with SPO, and molly is equally dangerous for both teams, should keep it. Legend youre a douche

Mount Murder
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Knighticu5 October 18th 2012, 6:45 am

legend, you guys only beat us on one map, due to a lucky bumper car hit. dont act like you destroyed us. idek why you still play, no one likes you. i got a message from one of your teammates before that game asking us to beat you. btw play something besides carnival bk

Knighticu5
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend October 19th 2012, 6:29 am

lol ive smacked you on dead air and death toll plenty of times random, i was playin with ppl ive never even played with and didnt like me, you still lost with your team haha

Legend
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by SlidingPeak October 19th 2012, 11:04 am

Knighticu5 wrote:legend, you guys only beat us on one map, due to a lucky bumper car hit. dont act like you destroyed us. idek why you still play, no one likes you. i got a message from one of your teammates before that game asking us to beat you. btw play something besides carnival bk

BP was the guy from their team who only liked DaCa.
You tried to force me to use Vorym last seasons playoffs because you are a great big faggot who obviously cares about L4D more than anyone.

Legend > You.

EDIT: I beat your team extremely high and I had every tank, murking you kids on DT. Ask EBK, I got a few good laughs with him afterward....

It'd be a lie to say your team was ever better than mine.
SlidingPeak
SlidingPeak
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by JibJabJessie October 20th 2012, 11:38 pm

Knighticu5 wrote:did she really just suggest that a team gets punished for taking damage and not having extra pills?? the point of the game is to not get raped and to get points. SPO gives both teams and equal chance at making the map. some of us don't have time to nerd out and memorize every pill spawn. the better teams won't need the extra pills. idk why this has to be so complicated

You obviously do not watch competitive PC matches -.-

I seriously believe bc we started out with SPO that it's the true reason why people stick to this rule. You stick with what you liked first without truly analyzing the situation.

dave14810 wrote:During the days of vanilla there was an evolution of how people played the game, survivors were viewed as too overpowered so they began no starter kits, then no kits/defibs etc etc. They did what they thought would make the game more balanced from both a survivor/infected view as well as making it so if you play better than the other team you won the game.

When confogl came out SPO and 3 throwables became the norm because there was too much temp health in levels and it helped limit and control health as well as making most tanks killable with a molly. However unlike before in vanilla times when people made adjustments for overpowered survivors, too many people were and are not willing to adapt the way we play when infected became overpowered.

Alot of maps it only takes mediocre infected play to kill a decent survivor team using SPO, if the game was balanced and competitive, the survivors should make the saferoom if they play well and the infected play poorly/average. Bad survivor play should be punished and good infected play rewarded, don't get me wrong, but even with all health they will die at tanks or just after. Teams still need to scavenge items which takes time. All health is only beneficial if survivors play well to get to it and infected didn't hit well enough.

The tank fight is the essential part of every level and in a balanced game, survivors dictate where the fight happens but the tank should dictate when he/she commits. Mollies make it unbalanced since the tank is restricted on rock throws as well as if he/she wants to "get out" if lit. Most mollies are used when the tank is forced to come in so no one should miss a molly throw, dodging a molly isn't a skill, dodging a molly is a poor molly throw plain and simple.

Some of the main benefits of all health is that it rewards fighting tanks which should decrease deathracing (every race of people does it, no pun intended) and finishing certain levels and finales will be at least possible (I watched a stream the other day and a well-established team quit before they did their DC finale after ending the other team because they were 423 pts behind).

^^^^^^ Please explain to me how exactly dave's logic is incorrect as far as the SPO situation goes? Showing me one game will not prove your point. I believe the better teams will make it more to the saferoom with extra health than the worse teams. I believe I get carried by SPO when I'm on a mediocre team bc usually both teams die at the same point. We simply run out of health. Idc if one or two games you have beaten my team by a lot with SPO. Idc if you think your team is so careful that you pick off every CI and so you don't get touched by SI. That sounds like bull. That does not persuade me that SPO is the way to go.

Also, I see what you're saying about the mollies, dave. Maybe we can just keep them out, but I find it more fun to use them. They've removed them on the PC because it'd make the game tougher. I feel like we're not at l33t status enough to remove them all together.

Last edited by JibJabJessie on October 20th 2012, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
JibJabJessie
JibJabJessie
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Weedycrustacean October 20th 2012, 11:40 pm

sorry to say hundos heros is decent, but you guys try so hard to win a game. Everyone knows the last 3 seasons its been Harrison vs Me or Rob.

Weedycrustacean
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum