Left 4 Dead Safe Room Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Tips About Getting Games

2 posters

Go down

Quick Tips About Getting Games Empty Quick Tips About Getting Games

Post by JibJabJessie February 17th 2013, 9:02 pm

These are not that innovative and are quite simple. It won't help with people "dodging" you if that happens this league, but it will let others know you're looking...

Be friends with all of the team leaders on the roster lists. These guys are expected to not only report games to us, but also organize their games with other teams for the regular season. If the team leader isn't very active, add some team member to your friends list.

Change your XBL name or motto to say, "Looking for an LM..." I would change my name before I would change my motto because your name appears first on friends lists. This seemed like great advertisement for me, even when I put up that I was actively looking for a 4v4. If you're friends with all the team leaders, those team leaders could look down their friends list and see your message. Sometimes, I don't even send out 4v4 or LM messages and I just get a game. Again, this won't help with dodging, but at least others are aware you're ready.

Send out "LM?" messages to all the team leaders. This is what everyone does.

Come to the admins if you're having trouble getting a game. We will try to work something out. We have two months to complete the season and teams are required to play you twice. If you're having trouble and can't fill the quota because other teams keep dodging you, we will take that into consideration.
JibJabJessie
JibJabJessie
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Quick Tips About Getting Games Empty Re: Quick Tips About Getting Games

Post by Sir Diealotz March 1st 2013, 6:55 pm

JibJabJessie wrote: Be friends with all of the team leaders on the roster lists. These guys are expected to not only report games to us, but also organize their games with other teams for the regular season. If the team leader isn't very active, add some team member to your friends list.

We will be available for matches all weekend, various times of course, beginning this evening. Some of the teams are NOT represented on my Friends List. I sent a Friend Request to every leader and most of the leader/members of teams were already on my Friends List. If you did not accept my FR or removed me then the odds of getting a league match with Die By Gunshot are slim to none.

Thanks

Sir Diealotz
Sir Diealotz
n00b

Back to top Go down