Left 4 Dead Safe Room Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Season?

+7
K3ppoch
xShAmE oN YoUx
JibJabJessie
l_AZ_l
SicKxLiquiD
#Dingodile#
dave14810
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Season?

Post by dave14810 May 2nd 2013, 6:17 am

"Dave youve been playin forever, how come you dont have a top team of "veterans"?" Honestly I have never been part of a solid team that we would play together all the time, except for when I played with Peripheral, Texasking and Iroynic, none of whom play anymore. Most of the recent seasons I sent msgs to half my FL asking if anyone was interested in forming a team, never got enough interest. I have joined any team that has asked when I was a free agent as recent as this season with Jessie. I'm not sure what else I can do lol.

Anyway, I liked the scoring system we used, I wouldn't be opposed to changing it but I wouldn't blame it for the lack of games played over the last few weeks of the season. There were 103 total games played (which is more than the last season on this site and probably more than the one before that), most of which were played over the 1st month. This season has shown me that the season needs to be shorter. I don't think you can compare any season to the Dem Tank's League since 2 of the teams were responsible for about half the total games of over 200. Both these teams had historically bad records, I personally have no idea how they kept going, accompanied by the fact that the better teams had to play alot of games near the end of the season out of necessity to qualify since the scoring system was beyond bad.

Foxtwins I don't think your scoring system is a bad idea in terms of "hiding" their record but my thinking is of Vorym's line of thought. Its not the visible record that seems to break up teams, its the tension that losing alot creates and the sense of "whats the point in playing". Whoever said that its not the winning but the taking part thats important was probably someone who lost alot and was fine with it, personally I don't even like losing a coin toss.

However if we did a straight up draft purely for fun, I think your idea of 3pts for a win, 1 for a loss would be fine. It would encourage activity and reinforce that the main aim was just to play the game and try to have a good time. The 1st draft on contendergaming was so much fun and we had a league worst 1-8 record lol (I only played in 2 games, we beat Harrisons team on Dead Center by getting all the cans in to clutch and lost by 6 pts against Pink Rubber's team clutching us on Hard Rain).

dave14810
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend May 2nd 2013, 2:53 pm

Activity is never gnna increase, its been the same since gb season 3, four or soo good teams and everyone other team is bad and dodges. Next season should only be 8 teams, and you have to play everyone two or three times. Thats only 14 games, i see ppl play 3, 4 sometimes more of just 4v4s a day, shouldnt be that hard. As to who gets in, well we all know whose good and will actually play, and if a team doesnt play replace them.

Legend
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by SicKxLiquiD May 2nd 2013, 7:09 pm

Have 2 different drafts? One draft consisting of the best 40 or so players and another using everyone else. That way everyone who plays literally has a chance to win. Plus the "A" league would have some interesting games since everyone would pretty much equal each other out. Dodging shouldn't be a problem since everyone in the top 40ish complains about dodging.

For the draft, maybe have Jessie pull names out of a hat and pick teams that way lol. For the "B" league they can have captains or whatever. Its the "B" league who cares.

SicKxLiquiD
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend May 2nd 2013, 8:03 pm

I think teams should be picked not random, but there should be some rule where you cant pick anyone youve been on a team with in the last two seasons or so, just so its not the same teams

Legend
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by dave14810 May 7th 2013, 7:57 am

I'm scratching my head to how an initial suggestion of doing an all inclusive fun draft was turned into an exclusive 40 player only draft concept. The idea that not letting alot of interested players even enter a tourney for a game that is basically dead competitively is mind boggling. But hey if someone wants to organize a tourney like that, good luck with it.

dave14810
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend May 7th 2013, 12:33 pm

Because more than half the players that sign up never play, and with snipers idea it included all the badkids that dodge all the time in the B league or whatever. Also im not even sayin we should do a draft, im just sayin thats how it should be done even if its a regular season, the eight team thing anyway. At this point in this dead game id rather play games that will be good then blowin out badkids, this game doesnt have much left anyway

Legend
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by dave14810 May 7th 2013, 11:12 pm

From my recollection the teams that tended to not play many draft games were ones that the leader wasn't really that interested in leading or leaders who wasted their 1st pick or two on experienced players who never really played the game anymore and didn't want to play many games as a result. Its normally the "badkids" that actually want to play in drafts since the playing field has equalized a bit. The three drafts I played in went as follows: leader disbanded team because of bad record, team disbanded when leader got mad that the rest of the team played and lost a game without him and finally our leader basically quit the team after his 1st pick changed teams and 2nd pick was never on.

Everyone can agree the game is dead, but I thought an all in draft would be a good way to at least freshen up the game since you would probably be playing with new people.

Also if any sort of draft format goes ahead a player auction would be interesting. This could be fun and probably more suited to the "top 40" draft idea since it might be time consuming.

dave14810
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend May 8th 2013, 1:24 pm

This is my three drafts got picked played 6 or 8 games, second, picked crystal nightmare and haggar, haggar was always doding to play pubs with cakesplatter so he got replaced still managed to play a good amount of games, and the last one i replaced Lol im Pub cause he broke his headset and ppl called a team with mach and weedy stacked (it was alot to carry), i had never played with weedy crazy or mach until that draft. We played over twenty games.

At this point ppl just wanna play with there friends not random shitty kids that cant be led cause they don't listen and think they know everything or my favorite the ones that play all the time and still never get good or learn anything. Point being if there is a shitty draft id rather exclude badkids no offense.

Legend
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2