Left 4 Dead Safe Room Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parish campaign

+19
Vorym
L2Aim
xSilver
Foxtwins7
xXEstrangedSoulXx
xShAmE oN YoUx
Patriots8781
Killa Tofuuu
dave14810
Rain
kdawg416
Machiavellus
Davidian Hammer
SicKxLiquiD
QudriplegicChik
Foxtwins2
for_twin_te4
JibJabJessie
mkj13
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should parish only be played 1-4

Parish campaign - Page 2 I_vote_lcap55%Parish campaign - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 30 ]
Parish campaign - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%Parish campaign - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 55

Parish campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: Parish campaign

Post by xXEstrangedSoulXx July 20th 2012, 1:32 am

It makes it significantly more difficult for the human team, the advantage closes the skill gap by placing so many points into such an advantageous area. It's like taking a final that's worth a large portion of your grade. The smarter students are still more likely to score higher but the ones who did nothing up to that point and still manage to score well get a similar grade. Basically it invalidates the previous levels because all that really matters is the finale. You can literally lose on 4 chapters and then win on the finale because you landed one secure that the other team did not. Once again, the only way to fix this would be to make the finale worth less points. My vote is still not to play it.

xXEstrangedSoulXx
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by xXEstrangedSoulXx July 20th 2012, 1:33 am

Or limit the amount of locations that a player can be instant killed.

xXEstrangedSoulXx
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx July 20th 2012, 2:26 am

listen up if you play with the right people you won't feel overwhelmed or feel like the infected have an advantage. the finale is not gonna matter if you don't do shit for 4 levels. i don't see a rule being put into place to limit IK locations. people will either play the parish or not. some people are thinking way too much on this topic. it's.. really.. not.. that.. hard to make it to the tank on the finale if everyone is on the same page. i really don't care what mkj decides to do, i doubt i will play the parish at all anyways
xShAmE oN YoUx
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by Machiavellus July 20th 2012, 3:50 am

Half of you are arguing a moot point.

The best teams on PC agreed together a long time ago to remove Parish 5 because it is imbalanced.

You surely have your right to an opinion, but confogl exists to further balance not to SEE SWEET COMEBACKS.

It's also ridiculous to sit here and argue that the bridge insta-kills are 100% avoidable. You're not even accounting for lag.

Of course it's more difficult to kill the best L4D player. But there's a million scenarios for death charges there. You kids are terrified of playing Dead Center because of map1, when in reality there's really only 3 opportunities to get death charges. The tank spawns are tough though. And then everyone is scared of scavenge so no Dead Center.

But by all means let's keep playing the map that has literally hundreds of places to instakill. Hundreds of angles to kill from. Hundreds of spawns. Ways to kill with jockeys. Yes. And let's ignore the fact that Parish 5 is the ONLY MAP WE PLAY THAT HAS SUCH RIDICULOUSNESS. Only map. Only single map like that. and it's a finale map. And did I tell you about the part where it's the only map in the game that we allow to be played on xbox that has 4000 instakills throughout the MAJORITY of the map.

Hard Rain has SPOTS where maybe a guy gets killed. So does Dead Center. The Bridge Finale is just one big long spot where you can charge people off ledges, and every five pillars or so you've got a spot to kill people with jockey's.

It is imbalanced. The kind of comebacks you speak of, are the kind of comebacks VALVe had in mind for PUB GAMES. We are not pubs. The bridge finale is not made for us.

That's all.
Machiavellus
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by JibJabJessie July 20th 2012, 7:28 am

The quotes look weird to me on here, so I copied and pasted...

for_twin_te4:
"...to at least give the losing team an edge and a chance, and the winning team a reason to keep on their game or they are gonna lose. Why are we gonna take out one of the most challanging levels on the game, we are suppose to be playing competitivly."

My argument though is that there shouldn't be an opportunity to comeback in a competitive game like you can on Parish 5. There are only like 2-3 attacks. Mess up once and it's game over for the team that is clearly better than the other team. I agree this chapter is awesome in pub games so everyone feels equal, but competition should involve as much skill as possible. Yes, people make mistakes and such, but 2-3 attacks being your base for how skillful your group is is retarded to me. That's not a high enough number to create an average/correct assessment on how good your team is. It's rolling the dice in my eyes. The 6+ attacks you get in regular chapters is a better assessment.

Also, the point about Dark Carnival is irrelevant. They're totally different. You can change rotations if your team plays it right. Also, you get way more attacks.
JibJabJessie
JibJabJessie
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx July 20th 2012, 3:41 pm

we aren't pc mach lol

xShAmE oN YoUx
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriots8781 July 20th 2012, 8:48 pm

are we all pussies? Keep the map and stop killing the game more then we already are. We arent making the game more fun we are making it more complicated. Like KDAWG said if you wanna win just dont get IK its not that hard honestly. ive gone game where no one has gotten IK so clearly its not impossible. DC is fun but i dont wanna be playing it every single time and if we are gonna have a 1-4 only on HR then im not gonna touch that one either and both 4 map campaigns are just to short and boring. Keep Parish 5

Patriots8781
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Machiavellus July 20th 2012, 11:44 pm

xShAmE oN YoUx wrote:we aren't pc mach lol

Yes. Which is why I don't think we should remove mollies. Or do a handful of other things elite PC players do.

But just like no spitter during tank is cross platform fix.

There's no reason to keep on playing Parish 5. It is a pub map. It is not made for a competitive playerbase looking to see who the "best of the best" is. Removing Parish 5, makes Parish properly demonstrate a teams skill over a spread of attacks.... rather than demonstrating a team's skill at bridge kills.
Machiavellus
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by xXEstrangedSoulXx July 21st 2012, 12:45 am

xShAmE oN YoUx wrote:listen up if you play with the right people you won't feel overwhelmed or feel like the infected have an advantage. the finale is not gonna matter if you don't do shit for 4 levels. i don't see a rule being put into place to limit IK locations. people will either play the parish or not. some people are thinking way too much on this topic. it's.. really.. not.. that.. hard to make it to the tank on the finale if everyone is on the same page. i really don't care what mkj decides to do, i doubt i will play the parish at all anyways

Are you still addressing me?

xXEstrangedSoulXx
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx July 21st 2012, 3:13 am

point taken, would you play the parish if it was only maps 1-4? it's funny cause it seems like the first 4 maps of parish are stronger than that of swamp and dead center, idk i hate playing 4 map campaigns

@estranged soul
Shame on you!!!
xShAmE oN YoUx
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriots8781 July 21st 2012, 4:58 am

im just sayin this is such a stupid poll. Lets not take off part 5 becasue its not that hard to begin with. STOP coparing xbox to PC they are different so fucking deal with it

Patriots8781
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by mkj13 July 21st 2012, 5:00 am

patriots come on now

mkj13
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Machiavellus July 21st 2012, 7:26 am

I was actually discussing the possibility of a rule with MK requiring that your games with teams are played on two different maps. That way the league isn't 400 games of Dark Carnival.

That way we get to cast more than shitty Carny too Wink

I would expect this rule. Wink
Machiavellus
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by xSilver July 21st 2012, 7:43 am

You guys might think this is stupid but why dont we make like a 3 day map thing. like all teams must play this map for these 3 days league matches only of course. what do you think?

xSilver
n00b

https://www.youtube.com/xsllv3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Machiavellus July 21st 2012, 7:55 am

xSilver wrote:You guys might think this is stupid but why dont we make like a 3 day map thing. like all teams must play this map for these 3 days league matches only of course. what do you think?

Valid attempt but then people would just dodge matches on days for maps they don't like... and dodging is already a *cough*problem*cough* thing that happens.

Soooooo probs not yeah?
Machiavellus
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriots8781 July 21st 2012, 8:22 pm

no mk im serious. This is stupid. Why would we get rid of Part 5? this is a 5 map campaign and there is nothing wrong with it except the fact that this community has nothing better to do becasue they always get IK and they lose their 300 point lead and lose the game. Parish 5 is a good map and the fact that this is even is discussion is just obserd. Its not that hard to avoid an IK and its not that hard to kill the other team when you have the lead because you know they are going to be looking for it and they are going to be careful. I saw how you ended the post of the rules saying if you dont like them then dont play and that is exactly what ill do. NOT play. weather im the only one that speaks up or not i know im not the only one that feels this way

Patriots8781
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Machiavellus July 21st 2012, 8:36 pm

ITS NOT THAT HARD TO IK THE OTHER TEAM AND BLOW THEIR 300 POINT LEAD OUT OF THE WATER.

Re-read that.

You think it's fair that 1 charger should nullify 4 maps worth of a teams work?

You think teams should be forced to try their panties off for four map to secure a lead, just to have their lead thrown away by ONE ATTACK. Not a tank. One. Individual. Charger. Or. Jockey.

Regardless of whether or not the team that loses their lead got charged because of lag, or because they just didn't avoid the charger, that still makes NO SENSE. Why play 4 maps if the finale is going to nullify the work put in on those four maps anyway?

The rule from here on out is. TP1-4. Or TP5 only.
Machiavellus
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx July 21st 2012, 9:12 pm

this is really close. if either option wins out will a new rule be put in place? it's too bad we don't have ladders up that last full seasons (like 3 months). what seems to be the real problem is that people want to play on balanced maps. seeing as how you only have 2 weeks to play games every game is crucial. it's not like you can think "well shit, the random map generator gave us Parish and now we gotta play my worst map... oh well, we have 3 months to play this team again, we can just beat them next time... on a different map" or "shit, we got Parish, a map with a random ass finale, we'll get them next time guys.. on a different map"

so i can understand if people don't want to play on a map where a charger or jockey IK could decide the winner of the game. every game is important sooo yea... i don't think we should make this a rule. if Parish is played then both teams should come to an agreement on whether to play the finale or not. this is an endless argument, let's just agree to disagree.

the only thing that could ever,... EVER!!!!... make me think that TP5 is unbalanced is my first GB or my very first competitive game on l4d2 ever, which happened to be my first GB match that was played on the Parish. me and my team got the game the day it came out and played a GB against this one team. never ran through the whole campaign so when we got to the finale i was just running, not paying attention (watching the airplanes fly in the air, watching the bridge shake as hordes of nonstop zombies attacked us) and i got IK by a charger... just from walking forward with my team. this doesn't really surprise me because the other team got the game and played Parish all day before playing us but the point i am trying to make is if you ever play a finale where you can get IK just by walking forward then you know that finale is FUCKED UP lol!!!!

the funny thing about that game is we kept it close to the finale... then they deathraced the finale and we could not stop them. our leader was getting pissed and i was all like "yo this is our first time calm down rofl" they made it to our tank and it fell off the fucking bridge!!! lmao or you kidding me??? lol then they got to the chopper.. didn't even stand a chance
xShAmE oN YoUx
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by Machiavellus July 21st 2012, 10:29 pm

If TP1 is a single pistol. TP5 is an AK-47. The only AK-47 map in the game.

TP5 is balanced. IF. You ONLY play TP5. But even then, it's a very breakneck full throttle map that is very much unlike the rest of the maps available. You get around 3 attacks before the tank, and then with the HR you're only going to get a good two attacks worth even if you try to be a baby with your tank lol. So then you get two more post tank attacks. One of which is still in heavy death charge zone.

Other maps. When you miss your charge on attack A. that the other team hits. The main difference tends to be your team is lower on health. This puts you at a disadvantage when you have to fight the tank for that map. Whereas on TP5 what you tend to miss out on with botched attacks is 1-2 survivor deaths.

Whereas in order to put such a huge stop on someones points on any other map, you generally need some kind of epic boom + 3 secure.

The difference between this map, and all other maps, is much more than aesthetics and architecture. the gameplay is utterly different. And if you kids want to have a TP5 tournament to see who the best is at TP5. Go fooooor it. But playing TP5 is literally playing a different mode entirely. Why would you want to stick one map that's an entirely different mode in a competitive map pool lol??
Machiavellus
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriots8781 July 22nd 2012, 8:25 pm

I vote that we should just have the survivors walk out 5 feet and then let the SI kill them. Its what is best for the game

Patriots8781
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx July 22nd 2012, 9:15 pm

Patriots8781 wrote:I vote that we should just have the survivors walk out 5 feet and then let the SI kill them. Its what is best for the game

HAHAHAHA lol
xShAmE oN YoUx
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx July 22nd 2012, 9:15 pm

yo this shit is tied omg... and i have yet to vote!
xShAmE oN YoUx
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by L2Aim July 22nd 2012, 11:19 pm

Finale is very dumb, You could be winning by 300 pts, and if you fuck up at that first hole, other team has a huge advantage to win a game, that could had possibly been losing the entire time.
L2Aim
L2Aim
Common Infected

Back to top Go down

Post by for_twin_te4 July 23rd 2012, 6:34 pm

you just have to know how to get past the hole. why is it that if the first team dies we are acting like there are brick walls there for the second survivors. they have just as equal of a chance. dont fuck up on the hole. if you have a solid lead on them, then you atleast have till the second hole which is nowhere near as hard to get by.
for_twin_te4
for_twin_te4
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxtwins7 July 23rd 2012, 6:54 pm

21-20. no finale. add it to rules mk Smile
Foxtwins7
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Back to top Go down