Parish campaign

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should parish only be played 1-4

1 yes this finale is dumb
 
2 No keep it
 
 
 
View results

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Killa Tofuuu on July 23rd 2012, 7:18 pm

I have to agree that it should stay. I kind of compare this finale to playing Dark Carnival 4 with a bumper car tank. If you fuck up at the first hole of the bridge and the other team makes it to the tank. 400 pts. If you fuck up at the bumper car tank and get wiped and the other team limps to the button. 400 pts. But nobody ever complains about that. I've lost many games on Dark Carnival because of just that reason.

Plus, If you play it right, sure somebody can get instant killed with luck, but usually for the whole team to wipe you have to fuck something up pretty bad. If you have a good enough lead the 3 survivors should be able to get enough points that it won't make THAT big of a difference anyways.

Oh yeah, and this finale is really fun.

Killa Tofuuu
n00b

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 23rd 2012, 7:23 pm

21-21... y do i feel like 1 kid is making several accounts for half of these votes?
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Killa Tofuuu on July 23rd 2012, 7:27 pm

I just voted. Derp.

Killa Tofuuu
n00b

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 23rd 2012, 7:30 pm

^wasnt saying the last vote. Derp.
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 23rd 2012, 7:49 pm

Foxtwins7 wrote:^wasnt saying the last vote. Derp.

someone probably is Derp

sorry i wanted to get in on the fun lol
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Foxtwins7 on July 23rd 2012, 7:51 pm

apology accepted
avatar
Foxtwins7
Common Infected

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 22
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Killa Tofuuu on July 23rd 2012, 7:54 pm

Herp da derp?

Killa Tofuuu
n00b

Posts : 14
Join date : 2012-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 23rd 2012, 9:48 pm

I actually saved my vote until it was 16-20ish because I wanted to see how the community voted without mine included.

But comparing TP5 to DaC4 is silly.

We already removed the horde button for the bumper car tank you nutter, specifically because that area was imba. Now it is thoroughly possible to get past that tank as long as you LoS+sniper chip+don't get hit big by support.

There's still no way for 1 solo jockey or 1 solo charger to just kill someone on DaC4 with no help from a tank. The comparison is rubbish and I am displeased.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 23rd 2012, 9:55 pm

Machiavellus wrote:The comparison is rubbish and I am displeased.

rofl!!!! uMad???
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 23rd 2012, 10:07 pm

Silly kdawg.

I know the schools don't treat some of our... more spirited.... citizens... in the city schools... and such....

But displeased doesn't mean the same thing as mad. Sad

I understand the confusion though, and it's all quite alright.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Vorym on July 23rd 2012, 10:26 pm

Ooh I have the current deciding vote. Bye finale.

Ps you're wrong tofu.
Mach is right with his statement and his racism.

Vorym
n00b

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-06
Location : Canadia

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 23rd 2012, 11:05 pm

Machiavellus wrote:Silly kdawg.

I know the schools don't treat some of our... more spirited.... citizens... in the city schools... and such....

But displeased doesn't mean the same thing as mad. Sad

I understand the confusion though, and it's all quite alright.

nah ur mad
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 23rd 2012, 11:32 pm

nah homie apparently you literally need a literary degree to understand me.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 23rd 2012, 11:39 pm

or i could speak nerd but that's not gonna help
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 23rd 2012, 11:50 pm

Vorym wrote:Ooh I have the current deciding vote. Bye finale.

Ps you're wrong tofu.
Mach is right with his statement and his racism.

Nah leangunnerz has the deciding vote and ima tell him to log on and tie it up
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 24th 2012, 12:33 am

Polls are closed. The votes are in. And the removal of Parish5 wins by one vote! It's an upset!

Also we're not Florida. This isn't the Bush Election. And No there won't be a recount.
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 24th 2012, 12:41 am

nooooooooooo
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by for_twin_te4 on July 24th 2012, 2:50 pm

If we are removing finale, lets just get rid of the whole parish campaign, this is stupid. you can tell who the people who are good on the bridge are and whos the people not so good getting across the bridge. Learn to play a good survivor, or infected there is no luck involved in finale. lets stop making up dumb rules.
avatar
for_twin_te4
n00b

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Vorym on July 24th 2012, 4:39 pm

for_twin_te4 wrote:If we are removing finale, lets just get rid of the whole parish campaign, this is stupid. you can tell who the people who are good on the bridge are and whos the people not so good getting across the bridge. Learn to play a good survivor, or infected there is no luck involved in finale. lets stop making up dumb rules.
I'm not trying to start an argument here but really?
People can differentiate between a good finale and a bad one without being "good on the bridge" or not. That's just a ridiculous train of thought.
From a competitive standpoint the parish finale is a joke.
This is why it is no longer on PC, and why it should no longer be on xbox. It has nothing to do with who is 'better' at it.
And there is always luck involved when the finale is heavily decided on INSTANT KILLS. Anyone who wants to argue differently is well let's just say....of average l4d2 community intelligence.
Rules need to be established if we're going to play a game competitively that has really no competitive value on its own.

Vorym
n00b

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-06
Location : Canadia

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Vorym on July 24th 2012, 4:50 pm

You guys remind me of those l4d2 kids who argued that "survivors don't need to be nerfed because BOTH TEAMS get to play as survivor so it's balanced!" that's not how competition works.

If you're down an entire campaign but comeback because of one or two INSTANT KILLS (keywords here...), you do not deserve the comeback.
Period.

Vorym
n00b

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-06
Location : Canadia

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Patriots8781 on July 24th 2012, 5:39 pm

if you get instakilled then you deserve to lose. Dont get fucked on the bridge and everybody stop playing bitches. this is the first time ive ever heard anyone complain about this fucking stupid ass shit. This whole community is full of fucking pussies and cry babies im done

Patriots8781
n00b

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by xShAmE oN YoUx on July 24th 2012, 6:39 pm

Vorym wrote:You guys remind me of those l4d2 kids who argued that "survivors don't need to be nerfed because BOTH TEAMS get to play as survivor so it's balanced!" that's not how competition works.

If you're down an entire campaign but comeback because of one or two INSTANT KILLS (keywords here...), you do not deserve the comeback.
Period.

eh, your comments don't make sense to me. how does a team that is down a whole campaign, gets an IK or 2 then manages to score enough points to win on survivors not deserve to comeback? am i wrong to think it is the infected's job to stop the survivors? and if you let a team come back and beat you after being up 700-800 points then that is your and your team's fault. it's a video game folks stuff happens. sometimes you get IK but when it happens twice in a game usually the survivors did something wrong or just got outplayed.

infected have to play as well, this isn't just about survivors
avatar
xShAmE oN YoUx
Common Infected

Posts : 49
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Lost in thought

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Patriots8781 on July 24th 2012, 7:30 pm

i love you just sayin kdawg lmfao

Patriots8781
n00b

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Machiavellus on July 24th 2012, 9:15 pm

How do they not deserve a comeback? Because death charges on a finale is utterly atypical gameplay.

I already explained that it's pointless to play the first four maps if you include the finale, because the games almost always go either way based on who gets their death jockey/charge.

DeC1 is further different from this because it's the -first- map. You're given -three- maps. Basically 4 more tanks on DeC to get wipes and keep scores close. HR3 is mid-campaign so you get the tank spawn for that map, and the next map, and the two finale tanks, to try and even out scores.

TP5 is just woopdeedoo endgame death land. But I suppose Patriots only ever dies on TP5 because his team failed to save him yeah?

Confogl has nothing to do with making the game harder. It's about promoting a balanced competitive ruleset.

And anyway as far as I know both teams need to agree on what map they're going to play.

And if that becomes a problem I'll fire up an RNG and everyone can play on random maps.

Also Kdawg the problem has never been losing when you're up 800.

It's been close games. Maybe on team is only down by 200. That's still very close. Now with a normal finale in order to make up 200 you have to hit solid attacks and wipe with your tank. Then as a survivor survive tanks.

On TP5 you just need to not get instant killed, and kill 1 or 2 of the others and it's a lock. So now instead of seeing the team win based on tank skill, and SI team work. You see most TP games decided based on who is the most elite charger/jockey.

That's silly.

When I say the map is imbalanced it has nothing to do with side to side balance blahblahblah. It's a different kind of balance. It's not balanced with the rest of the maps in the map pool. I'm tired of explaining. ;_;
avatar
Machiavellus
Uncommon Common

Posts : 59
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28
Location : The TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Bigga_Threat on July 24th 2012, 9:35 pm

I Can Not Stand The Pairsh Finale!!!

Bigga_Threat
n00b

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Parish campaign

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum